[extropy-chat] 37 pound woman gives birth

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 21:29:17 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] 37 pound woman gives birth
>
> At 12:11 PM 2/12/2006 -0800, spike wrote:
>
> >Hey here we go.  I wonder if she or one like her would be
> >interested in going to Mars?
>
> "suffers from Type 3 osteogenesis imperfecta, a disorder that makes bones
> soft and brittle."
>
> So how are you planning to get her there? Balloon? :)

Immerse her in water for launch, with SCUBA gear of course.

She could handle far higher accelerations that way than we healthy
types in an ordinary space capsule.  Actually if she were
in an appropriately-shaped form-fitting seat, she could likely
tolerate the rather gentle 3-4 g acceleration for a couple of
minutes.

What isn't clear to me is her food and water needs.  Would they
be a third of yours and mine?  Half?  Quarter?