[extropy-chat] Pluto New Horizons launch -getting ready

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 15:38:11 UTC 2006

Oh I see where you are coming from, ja.  The chips themselves can likely
withstand a lot of

acceleration, but we need to get the signals back home somehow.  That
requires the kind

of equipment that cannot with current technology handle the sudden stop, nor
figure out a

way to dig itself out of the crater it would form on impact.  I'll keep
thinking tho.

spike

  _____