[extropy-chat] Pluto New Horizons launch -getting ready

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Tue Feb 14 21:26:29 UTC 2006

I think we're just looking at an orientation problem, really. The
antenna itself (to make contact with an orbiter) could be beam-style
and packed into  a non-interfering solid. Encase it in an epoxy and
the antenna should remain unharmed. It doesn't have to be a dish to
send or receive. Have an explosive bolt fire a 30 meter line out one
side and "long-line" it.

Bret K.