[extropy-chat] Cults/drugs/and Asatru too

Pete Bertine pkbertine at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 00:04:35 UTC 2006

> My question to Dirk would be, "Given that you admire L. Ron Hubbard, do
you
> think he was on to something?  Do you believe that he HAD acquired
knowledge
> of the "Gods" that you speak about in your literature. See
> http://www.neopax.com/asatru/gods/index.html

>I think Elron had access to psychological techniques decades ahead of
>their time. A lot would now fall under the heading of NLP, but some
>are still 'out there'. Not that he invented all of this, because he
>didn't. He was part of a well documented 'underground' where magickal
>techniques met science. He was also intimately connected with various
>intelligence agencies and 'fellow travellers' like Jack Parsons who
>founded JPL. His background, and the origins of Scientology are
>fascinating.

>Dirk

Sorry, "Asatruar."  I am not making fun of your religion or you.

Hitler's background and the origin of Nazism and its attempt to create a
"religion" are fascinating.  But I know you don't admire Hitler (he co-opted
your good luck symbol after all http://www.neopax.com/asatru/index.html )

But you said that you admire L. Ron, a guy who ripped off Jack Parsons
(founder of CalTec?), a guy who trashed Parsons' name and claimed to have
been sent to infiltrate Parsons' "cult of Black Magic"

If the only reason that you admire Hubbard is because he made "billions" off
of people who believed his silly religion, then you don't sound like you
live up to Asatruarian values. Honestly, how can you admire Hubbard, a man
who never "put his soul where his mouth is," man who lied constantly, a man
totally devoted to "samskrita," a man who has made no commitment to what is
Right.

I've tried to understand your morality described at
http://www.neopax.com/asatru/oath/index.html
and I don't see where admiration for Hubbard fits in.

pete

perhaps we should take this off list :)

pete at petebertine.com