[extropy-chat] Leaving list

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Feb 17 16:28:48 UTC 2006

For several months I've been struggling with the realization that a
significant portion of my available time is spent reading emails which
have been providing far less than 1% payoff in terms of new or refined
understanding.  While I feel a strong attachment to the ExI list, and
I have a deep philosophical appreciation of what is being pointed at
by Max's Principles of Extropy, I have to face the fact that for me,
participation in this list has become predominately entropic.

I've seen many intelligent, thoughtful, and passionate posters come
and go, and I'll miss the unique social flavor of this list, but it's
time for me to apply more of my time to more personally creative,
productive and satisfying efforts.

I offer my thanks to those who have tried, and succeeded in various
ways, to promote extropian values and who are still here on the list
to read this.  Thanks also to those who have been in personal contact
and have made a real difference in my thinking and my life over the
last ten years.  You know who you are and how to stay in contact.

I'm unsubscribing today.

- Jef
http://www.jefallbright.net
Increasing awareness for increasing morality

On 2/17/06, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
>  List members:
>
>  Please take posts on these topics off list. Too many list members these
> topics annoying and abusive to the level of intelligence and emotional
> well-being of extropy and transhumanists who strive to create a better
> future for humanity.
>
>  Thank you for paying attention to and adding to the quality of this list
> and thinking before your post.

Classic.