[extropy-chat] Failure of low-fat diet

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Thu Feb 23 17:14:33 UTC 2006

At 12:01 PM 2/23/2006, you wrote:
>It shows graphs of the mortality rates as a function of time.  There
>isn't much apparent effect at the time when famous vaccines were introduced.
>
>But you didn't answer my question. What do you think stopped people
>dying of those diseases, if it wasn't the vaccines?

There are lots of logical possibilities, and my state of belief is
that I am very uncertain about which one it might be.   You said
before that you couldn't believe the evidence I pointed you to,
because you had a mountain of contrary evidence, but at this point it
looks like you just have a presumption and lack of imagination.

Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323