[extropy-chat] Mangled Worlds

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 03:50:45 UTC 2006

I skimmed thru the list upon my return this evening after
several days on the road to pick out my favorite posters,
and found this:

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Robin Hanson
> Couldn't I say something similar if I smashed your head in with a hammer?
> As I smash your brain I disrupt the causal relations, preventing the
> relevant computations, and making you cease to exist.   Still might hurt
>like hell as you died though.
>
> Robin Hanson  rhanson at gmu.edu  http://hanson.gmu.edu
> Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University

Robin, you are a high-reputation poster, not just for being
a professor and for consistently interesting poster, but also
for inventing Ideas Futures, which has to be about the coolest
idea I have seen for years.

http://www.ideosphere.com/

That being said, I urge all to be careful about wording any
post in such a way that it could be misinterpreted as threatening
or menacing.  Fortunately Eli did not take it wrong, but had the
comment been made by a less regarded person or an unknown, I woulda
had to hurl that poster into the penalty box forthwith.  In this
case, no harm done.

As I ran out the door on my way to a business trip Tuesday
morning, I dashed off a quick note regarding jonano's post.  In
the rush, I accidentally said Mehran.  My apologies Mehran.  I did not
blame the one for the actions of the other, merely switched the
names as I ran for the plane.  If anyone posted me some time
this week to point out that error, I already caught it, and
vow henceforth to not post in haste.  {8-]  If I do that again,
I shall hafta hurl myself into the penalty box.

Thanks!