[extropy-chat] Politics: worthwhile commentary

Mon Jan 2 03:18:41 UTC 2006

On Jan 1, 2006, at 11:17 AM, spike wrote:

>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
>> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Politics: worthwhile commentary
>>
>> On 1/1/06, spike wrote:
>>>
>>> Al, if someone insults you offlist, that is fair game, but it isn't
>>> fair
>>> game for you to post their private messages to the whole world.  Do
>> desist,
>>>

>> Hmmm.  Really???
>>
>> But making a distinction between private flames and on-list flames is
>> worth a few moments thought... BillK
>
> Thanks BillK.  I did assume everyone here readily capable
> of verbal self defense.  If someone wishes to engage in
> verbal sparring including personal attacks, I personally
> have no problem with their doing it in private.
>
> Any other thoughts?  spike

It is unacceptable for any member of our list to be personally
attacked, period.  I don't care if it is done in public where we can
see it, or whether they are attacked privately in e-mail.  Such attacks
are undesired behavior.  Nobody wants to attract personal attacks via
this list, any more than they want to attract spam or stalkers.

What are you doing, Spike?  First you allow off-topic politics.  Then
you encourage arguments as a valid form of communications.  Now this.
There seems to be an obvious pattern, but I can't discern a useful
purpose.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP