[extropy-chat] [Bioethics] Scholars debate whether to limit scientific research ???

Lifespan Pharma/Morris Johnson CTO megao at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 4 05:45:45 UTC 2006

This reminds me of an old superman comic from the 60's where Superman
goes back to ancient Krypton
to a time when "Science was Forbidden".

There are many slants to this theme some sinister, some conspiracy
theory oriented some ludditic,
some just plain idiotic in a savant sort of way, but all are extremely
dangerous and worse than
any terrorist threat.

Perhaps we globalists should ask all the world's people including
muslims and chinese and others
somewhat marginalized by the speakers referred to here just what is the
best future for humankind.

I see this theme played out in Star trek recently in the theme relating
to Dr Sung, creator to be of Data and L'or and
former proponent of transhuman genetic developed enhanced humans.

It really is time for a coalition of the Gates, Allan, Dell , Kurzweil
sort  with help from Soros and perhaps Buffet
to use the type of hype fronted by De Grey to start "War Against Aging"
with all the intensity of a Manhatten
project. With the anti-science people getting noisy, it's none too soon
to hype the grass roots baby
boomers to match the effort out of pension funds and health care
expenditures to make the industry click.

Bioethics my ass, its just a bunch of brainless dogs in the manger,
pathetic but worse than  any lunatic terrorist.
Any group advocating the unnecesary death of 6 Billion sure as hell
beats hand down the Nazis who only killed 6 Million.
Call'em out for the "brown shirts " they are.

Pardon my flame, but its time to put the fire out before it gets a
chance to do significant damage.