[extropy-chat] The Martinot situation - from [GRG] French Cryonics Prohibition

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 11 00:03:29 UTC 2006

Public health: this being a home rig (as opposed to a dedicated,
professional facility), what happens if the cryo's interrupted
by the vessels breaching?  Decomposing bodies are most certainly
detrimental to public health, unless contained (like, say,
underground).

Public order: merely storing the bodies is one thing, but
charging for tours is another.  Contrast with, say, Alcor, which
has a financial dependance on serving its patients rather than
on the public thinking this novel and/or macabre.

If this had been a dedicated, professional facility (with plans
for what happens in case of breach, and no nonprofessionalisms
like charging for tours), the odds might have been better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4600192.stm>

/world/europe/4600192.stm<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4600192.stm>