[extropy-chat] circumcision

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 12 04:59:31 UTC 2006

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> My son is due June.  I jumped the gun in announcing this,
> because we are still high risk of miscarriage.  Since you
> bring this up, I apologize in advance for a topic that
> is not extropic.  But you are my friends and I need some
> friendly advice:
>
> To circumcise, or not.  Why or nhy?  Offlist OK.

Overall, if you've got a competent doctor doing it (enough that
you know you've a significantly better than average chance of no
negative effects - and this is already the norm in the urban
areas of California), there appears to be a slight medical
benefit to doing so.

Of course, for a more thorough view:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision