Simple expressions was Re: [extropy-chat] REAL POLITIK IN THE WTA...and so long...

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 23:34:28 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
> Subject: Simple expressions was Re: [extropy-chat] REAL POLITIK IN THE
> WTA...and so long...
>
> On 1/14/06, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> But at the end of the day, the winning corporation wins,
> > and the consumer wins.  The losing corporation, well, it is made
> > of individual consumers, so it wins in an indirect sort of
> > way.
>
> ### Spike, this is the best way of saing that in capitalism there are
> no losers that I heard in a long time...

Thanks Rafal, you are too kind.

> ...Capitalism at its core is a way
> of organizing competition to, paradoxically, achieve cooperation, and
> not destruction...

I get so turned on by this kind of talk.  Makes me
want to run out and find something to invest in.  I
agree with Governor Dean's sentiment when he uttered
the most sensible and eloquent comment that he ever
made:  "YEEEAAH" {8^D

I figure economic competition in the form of unapologetic,
unbridled capitalism is like a money version of democracy,
where we proles get to vote with our money.  It is like
biological evolution, where the most robust solutions are
found by recursive selection.  It is like engineering,
where design is perfected thru the feedback metric of
profit.  YEEEAAH, life is gooood!

> This is a simple truth made popular by Schumpeter but
> it has been obscured by years of collectivist and statist propaganda.
> Your eloquent expression can help bring it back to the fore.
>
> Rafal

Rafal I fear you and I reinforce each other bud.  We need
to get together, talk long enough to find something on which
we disagree.  {8^D