[extropy-chat] REAL POLITIK IN THE WTA... and so long...

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jan 15 09:11:40 UTC 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 1:21 PM, spike wrote:

> Jef your comment is right in line with my own thinking.  This
> cooperative framework that supports individual growth is a
> corporation.
> Team up with others, specialize to whatever
> degree you are comfortable, then work like mad to devour the
> other guys' lunch.  Of course he is struggling to devour
> yours.

Seems to me that Linux and many Open Source/Free Software projects do
fine without a corporation or being out to eat anyone else's lunch.
Times and forms change.

> But at the end of the day, the winning corporation wins,
> and the consumer wins.  The losing corporation, well, it is made
> of individual consumers, so it wins in an indirect sort of
> way.  It's all about wealth creation as opposed to wealth
> redistribution.  What a system!

Corporations and consumers eh?  How like 20th century!  Wealth is
created all kinds of new oddball ways as more of us hook into the Web
as full-fledged participants not so easily separated into producers
and consumers or both and other.

> In modern times there is a new holy grail, far beyond
> making the best trinkets for the least money.  Today
> we are standing on the threshold of a dream.  On the
> visible horizon is radical life extension, health improvement,
> intelligence enhancement, wealth creation that boggles the
> mind.  May we all live to see it happen.

Yes.  And may we shed old forms and forge new ones as needed every
step of the way.

- samantha