[extropy-chat] Singularity and Religion

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 00:10:11 UTC 2006

I'm interested in finding good articles that deal with
the impact on religion if Singularity should occur.  If anybody
has any information it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Anna

The singularity is difficult to understand by its nature.  What will

happen afterward is anyone's guess.  For what it's worth, I was a

witness to a fundy religion just before the first moon landing.  Several

Baptist preachers and maaaany of the congregants firmly believed

that the mission would fail, because Mr. Damn would not allow

sin to expand beyond this fallen planet.  The fire that took Grissom,

Chaffee and White was considered a warning.

After the successful landing, everything went on as before.  Never

heard a word mentioned about it.