[wta-talk] RE: [extropy-chat] What _is_ it with the WTA board, anyway?

Mon Jan 16 09:56:28 UTC 2006

On Jan 15, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Hughes, James J. wrote:

> Uh, for the record, Mr. Cordeiro just withdrew from running for
> re-election, Bruce Klein and Harvey Newstrom resigned from the Board,
> and Mr. Yudkowsky lost a re-relection.
>
> So I don't know how I can be blamed for 'driving out' Yudkowsky. And
> yes, the other three Board members and I had many disagreements. But
> neither I, nor any Board member, moved to have them removed from the
> Board.

James thinks I resigned, even though I have always denied it.

On Jan 15, 2006, at 6:48 PM, mike99 wrote:

> Harvey Newstrom, who is also quite intelligent and adept, was
> encouraged by
> Jose to question everything...endlessly. Questioning is good. But like
> the
> child who asks an endless series of "Why?" questions, responding to
> every
> proffered answer with yet another "Why?" Harvey only managed to bring
> the
> work of the Board to a grinding halt. In an elected legislature, this
> is
> called tying up the house in procedural motions. That's what Harvey
> did.
> Finally, the Board had had enough and asked him to leave.

Mike thinks the board asked me to leave, even though James has always
denied it.

This is why I ask endless questions.  Different board members still
disagree about whether the board did or did not take some official
action.  How can they not remember or agree on what happened on the
board?  How can the records be of no help in answering these questions?
  How can there be no minutes or disputed minutes?  How can we tell
which claimed official actions are real and which ones aren't.  When
board members violently disagree on basic truths, how can members
determine the truth?  And how can these same questions be unanswered
year after year?

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP