[extropy-chat] nuclear non-proliferation as energy strategy ?

Herb Martin HerbM at learnquick.com
Wed Jan 18 09:42:46 UTC 2006

> From: Damien Broderick
> >Funny that largely the same people that would allow
> >nuclear weapons to such states are typically the
> >same people that would argue against the individual
> >right of human beings to keep and bear arms.
>
> I don't know if that's true, but if so might it also be the
> case that it's
>
> Funny that largely the same people that would deny
> nuclear weapons to such states are typically the
> same people that would argue for the individual
> right of human beings to keep and bear arms?

No, that one is quite easy to understand after a
moment or two of thinking it through...

The freedoms of individual human beings have been
secured by armed citizens of the democracies, in
spite of, and in the face of the despotic dictatorships
where ONLY force matters.

Nations don't have a "right to nuclear arms" and
that includes the US -- what the US has is a
REQUIREMENT (not even a responsibility) to defend
ourselves and as many free peoples as we can.

To do otherwise is to die, see our children enslaved,
or worse:  to see democracy disappear from the
Earth into the jaws of the most vicious nations
which will take everything from all humans by force.

--
Herb Martin