[extropy-chat] WSJ: A Cold Calculus Leads Cryonauts To Put Assets on Ice

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Tue Jan 24 02:27:54 UTC 2006

I've seriously considered doing something similar for myself (inspired
by James L. Halpren's book "The First Immortal").

Granted that the universe of those signed up for cryonics is incredibly
small, and a stark minority even among Transhumanists, I cannot help but
wonder if there isn't some sort of business opportunity for a company to
sell such financial management services as a trust, with all the funds
being pooled and then doled out proportionally. My knowledge of such
matters (both financial and legal) is small, but I would think it would
be doable, if only there were a large enough pool of interested parties
and funds to make it work.

 From this article, it seems that there might be...

Joseph