[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Thu Jan 26 18:40:08 UTC 2006

Ok,

I agree, the term 'original' is useless at this point, except perhaps
for sentimental value, which is arguably useless as well.

"Here are two instances of John Clark."

Now each of them is conscious. Two separate conscious entities, I am
assuming.

One walks out of the room and comes back a while later. Do they both
know where the one who left went? I'd say no. They aren't linked in
any way. So their experiences are distinct.

But one still existed before the other, and lent all of its perfectly
copied experience and properties. to the second, which did not exist
before the process.

So both sets of matter are now experiencing life in a johnclarkian
way with all of their johnclarkian faculties, etc.

However:

The moment they were perfectly copied they are distinct again,
because their experience point diverged, as did their location, at
the moment of creation. So in that manner they are not equal, one is
space-shifted and the other one was not.

True?