[extropy-chat] Semantics + Re: Identity and becoming a Great Old One

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Fri Jan 27 01:24:12 UTC 2006

Hi Eliezer,

The duration, though it does not matter to me in the state of storage
-  obviously - will certainly dictate the method of revival.
Remaining in the flavor of the thread I can safely state that while
the possibility of being revived by Jupiter Brains 10 years from now
exists, it is extremely remote. Since we have yet to revive anyone, I
can also safely state that the method could be threaded, patterned,
both or neither, etc.

Meanwhile, it remains to be seen if the 'brink' of consciousness will
successfully translate my personal experience during any cryonic
process. So from my perspective (the one that matters in most in the
examples I have been making re:duplication) the "bulb is out" at the
scale you speak of, more likely than not. Yes?

What is more important in this thread is the terminology being used
to re-name classical philosophical definitions. I find this is a bit
harrowing. It will be hard for others to take these postulates
seriously when the rest of our species is using "monism" and
"dualism" while we apply different terms. The geography of
Transhumanism is on a landscape we must share with all - even if they
died thousands of years ago.

Bret K.

//apologies - this is more than 8 posts today.