[extropy-chat] What's the Antonym for Longevity?

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Jan 27 12:19:47 UTC 2006

> Compared to women, the statistics on how many males kill themselves seem
> be way out of whack - and much worse than I thought, if there's any
> credence
> to this article:
>
> http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/01/26/BAGHRGT0DV1.DTL
>
> If true, it's disturbing and sad (and even more puzzling that many women
> still tend to think of themselves as "victims").

Yes that is shocking and very frightening. In my experience they're right,
too - I don't know any female suicides, but several male ones. :(

However... women today are constantly being told they're victims.
Everywhere, in all situations. As workers, mothers, lovers, wives,
professionals, scientists - you name it, the woman is a victim of
*something* or *somebody*. They're not truly taught that they're strong
and capable and responsible for their own future. Even now. :(

At least that's how I see it. My daughter is running along nicely, but
she's certainly played the victim role, much to the family's disgust.  We
can only hope she's out of that, but who knows?

Regards,
MB