[extropy-chat] Intelligent Design: I'm not dead yet

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 17:17:54 UTC 2006

Yes, the odds are extremely remote billions will die however the region is so unpredictable that we can be sure thousands will die and peace is way off.

     It is not conceivable that
"billions will die" unless major armed states like the US and Russia
start hurling nukes regarding local squabbles. But then the real
energy behind such a possibility is our continuing dependence on
fossil fuel not religion per se. An energy war is one very likely
way we may never get to Singularity. Only if we are pret! ty stupid
will we see directly by force of arms opposing a religion (or all
religions) as being worth possibly missing Singularity.

- samantha