[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Tue Jan 31 19:30:05 UTC 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 1:28 PM, John K Clark wrote:
> Ah, so there are reasons, causes, for what he does, and those are
> his likes
> and dislikes, and there are reasons he has those particular likes and
> dislikes, the structure of his brain, and since your brain is
> identical to
> his..... well I think you get the picture.

But the stimuli these brains are responding to, no matter how many
copies or how perfect - are all different. Different positions in the
same room, at different luminosity, different temperatures, and
subjective points-of-view.

Or, do you suspect that all of the Mes will stand there, only moving
about in synch, like the Rockettes, speaking in synch, summoning
Mothra, or otherwise be incapable of doing anything different from
one another.

Even though each one is now however many seconds into an individual
existence?

The simplest example. Ten of me can't all occupy the same square foot
of floor space. We (or to you, I'd guess "I") spread out. From one
vantage point in the room, you can see down a hallway to the Men's
room. This is not within the field of vision of all 10, just one.

Being incredibly vain, this discovery causes this one to leave for
the Men's room... or... what? All ten walk out?