[extropy-chat] Fwd: SURVIVAL: An impulse behind transhumanism?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 3 22:27:15 UTC 2006

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of MB
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Fwd: SURVIVAL: An impulse behin transhumanism?
>

> > Therefore modern babies will tend to scream their heads off when it gets
> > too still and quiet.
> >
> > Thank you very freaking much, evolution.  {8-[
> >

> So put a radio or CD player in his room and play something...MB

We have done this.  During gestation, we played music to Isaac.  Our
reasoning was that if we played the same discs often enough, he would learn
these, consequently having them played for him after his birth would remind
him of the womb.  For that reason, we carefully chose music that we could
play at night.  We have a CD player that hangs on his crib.  We played for
him Shaker music with hammered dulcimer and english horn, called Simple
Gifts by Coulter and Phillips.  Now at bedtime he tends to calm down if the
Shaker music is on.  I don't like music playing at night, but the exhaustion
level overpowers the disturbance.  This particular music is most acceptable.
Check out the MP3 samples:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005C2H/ref=cm_lm_fullview_prod_8/102-18
97910-4806545?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174