[extropy-chat] Transhuman hearing aids

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Jul 10 17:50:46 UTC 2006

I'm reading George Williams, _Plan and Purpose in Nature_.  He laments
our having only two ears, and points out we could fake the benefits with
programmable hearing aids.  Have the aids also connected to two more
microphones on the body, and a wearable computer; the computer would be
able to have full range and direction information, and you could tell it
to filter out all sounds except from a desired area.

(Me, inspired by him)  Rear-view mirror on eyeglasses.  Or a small
camera on the back of the head, piping a view to a small display where
your eyes can see it.  Or use that pins-on-back display developed for
blind people, but using vision behind you as input.

-xx- Damien X-)