[extropy-chat] Nothingness and that Infinite Chain of Causesthingy.

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 12 04:25:23 UTC 2006

Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

  I would suggest that you certainly should *not* ignore that which appears to
  make no sense, as those observations are hints of potential for growth. In
  the bigger picture all the pieces must fit, and paradox is always a case of
  insufficient context.

  Anna asks:)
  Although I agree with the statement, i'm curious to know.
  How does someone analize observations that make no sense?
  How do you distinguish between the events that make no sense and the ones
  that should not be ignored?

  Anna:)

  Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
  On 7/11/06, gts <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:    I'm convinced now more than ever that it makes rational sense to make
rational sense of things, and that things that make no rational sense
should be ignored simply because they make no rational sense.

Welcome back, Gordon, and congratulations on your reinforced rationality.  Popper contributed some valuable understandings.

As to the second part of your statement, I would suggest that you certainly should *not* ignore that which appears to make no sense, as those observations are hints of potential for growth. In the bigger picture all the pieces must fit, and paradox is always a case of insufficient context.

- Jef

 All new Yahoo! Mail -