[extropy-chat] italian football victory

Lee Corbin lcorbin at tsoft.com
Wed Jul 12 05:12:09 UTC 2006

Spike characterizes certain types in Martin's hypothetical situation:

> > bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Martin Striz
>
> > ...Suppose you told the class that a hungry bear was walking down
> > the hallway outside.  I bet they would quickly organize to save
> > themselves... Martin
>
> Hmmmm.
>
> {8^D
>
> If it is a classroom full of conservatives, they would organize an attack on
> the bear before the bear could attack the class.
>
> If it is a classroom full of liberals, they would draft a subset of
> able-bodied students to defend the others against the bear, by negotiation
> if possible.

"Draft?"  Draft, you say?  You mean as if there were a nation whose
young could be---still very far from volunteering in adequate numbers
---coerced into the military?

No, it seems to me that the classroom full of liberals would tax
themselves to pay for mercenaries to go protect them, if any could
be found.

But I think you got the others right :-)

Lee