[extropy-chat] The political brain

steven mckenzie goldgrif at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 02:34:13 UTC 2006

I refute the idea that there is
some kind of emotional attachment to political
> ideas formed early in
> >life, that switches reason off when it comes to
> questioning one's
> >worldview.
i was raised and held strongly very "conservative"
views, then as i explored things, i became very
"liberal"
my faith is based on constant questioning and
exploring
i am not, by any accounts unique
I feel that people cant handle the cognitive
dissonance, like people can't seem to handle quiet but
have to have their music always blaring,
the hardest thing for most to accept is that they are
wrong, especially in western culture
another thing I notuced is the idea that all behavior
has an evoltionary reason, some may behaviors may
simple he hold overs from previous times, and not
really evolutionary based at all