[extropy-chat] Let's protect these brains! With Antioxidants!

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jul 19 10:20:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 03:59:51PM -0700, A B wrote:

> I think it's likely that many list members here are going to be playing pivotal
> roles in the development of the Singularity. [Not that it needs to be stated,

I think that's overwhelmingly unlikely, from statistics alone.
Nevermind negative bias: technical people don't have time to
participate in nontechnical mailing lists. Businessfolks ditto:
that'd keep them away from meetings.

Also I'd argue against some Ayn Randian archetypes (and Vingean
stereotypes of a heroic handful, which drive progress to a
supercivilisation single-handedly). Making technical progess
possible takes many human hands and minds.

> At the very least, we should all consider taking 2 X 500mg Vitamin C, daily.
> It's a powerfully effective brain antioxidant, it's totally harmless, and it's
> damned inexpensive. And a good quality multi-vitamin is a good idea too.
> "I'm seriously, you guys."  X-D

A pretty good source (no, I'm not getting a cut) is http://www.lef.org/
An extra benefit is that profits partly go into finding advanced human
cryopreservation, and anti-aging projects.