[extropy-chat] FWD [fantasticreality] Nice Summary of Problems of the self-denoted "Cultural Elites"

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jul 23 21:47:27 UTC 2006

> It is not egalitarianism as some
> overarching ideal that binds us but equality of fundamental rights that
> binds how we treat and may treat one another.  This equality of rights
> does not require any rough equality of abilities, wealth, intelligence,
> knowledge or interests.   This  is the cornerstone of freedom and
> peaceful co-existence.

Yes, Samantha, it is. However, if one group, cohesive and separate from the rest of
the population, in fact has more power and clout in government and law and education
and money, there is a great danger that they will reinterpret and/or change the law
to no longer be the same for the "better" and the "not better".  After all, we're
just coming out of a Jim Crow era. AFAIK we could easily slide back into some
version of it.

Regards,
MB