[extropy-chat] Melanzane alla Parmigiana (Eggplant Parmigiana)(was: The Extropy of Cooking)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 27 20:00:00 UTC 2006

> ... Eugen Leitl

> > Out of curiosity, do Europeans cook in Celsius?
>
> Of course.
>
> > everything is metric for the weights and measures, I don't recall
> > ever seeing many cooking temperatures in anything but Fahrenheit.
>
> I have yet to see a recipe with heathen units in it.  Eugen* Leitl

Celcius, HA!  Thou too art a Philistine Eugen.  A real scientist would have
all recipes in degrees Kelvin, masses expressed in carbon 12 equivalents,
volumes in moles of a perfect gas at STP, cooking times in kilometers of
photon travel.

Hey that's a kick, let's write a cookbook for science nerds and math geeks.

{8-]