[extropy-chat] META: folks, please don't overreact

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jul 28 15:38:19 UTC 2006

Folks, please don't contaminate the list with META stuff.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 11:22:41AM -0400, Robert Bradbury wrote:

>    On 7/28/06, scerir <[1]scerir at libero.it> wrote:
>
>      I sent a post to the list
>      but I've got this msg back:

Yes, some user is over mail quota. That user is no longer
a member of this list.

>    [snip]
>
>      Delivery of this email has been denied due
>      to the user's quota limitation.
>
>    Yet another example of why people should consider abandoning the
>    extropy-chat list.

I don't think so.

>    Recapping my past complaints:
>    A) We don't know what software it is running on.

Mailman, easy enough to check.

john at ziaspace.com
david at lucifer.com
spike66 at comcast.net
eugen at leitl.org

are contact addresses. I would contact me and Spike first, though.

>    C) We don't know what the list policies are.

My job here is to maintain good S/N noise ratio. I don't
have a particular fixed algorithm for that.

As to hardware and SMTP level issues -- this is not my server,
so I can't do anything, nor even diagnose the problem, if any.
Please contact me with any problems you might run into.
Notice that 3-21 August I'll be largely away from the
computer (WiFi APs are rare in Brittany).

>    D) We don't have any way to correct things should something happen to
>    someone.

I don't know what you mean by that.

>    In other words "Sky-Net" is taking care of everything.  I just hope
>    they don't send back a terminator to take care of those people who
>    complain too much.

I'm already working on the STTP (simple Terminator transfer protocol).
Should be done in a minute.

>    Of course some interesting comparisons between the average
>    Extropy-chat user and the average Internet user whose PC runs "fine"
>    even though its infected with viruses, trojans, Spam-Bots and
>    Keystroke loggers could be made... "Oh it works *fine* I don't pay any
>    attention to what goes on underneath the hood." [1]

Do you have the impression that the human part of the machine
is malfunctioning?