[extropy-chat] META: att.net users, you might need a different ISP

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 09:34:53 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> att.net users (you'll probably only be able to see this
> message in online archives): your ISP is blocking our
> 69.31.45.60 (andromeda.ziaspace.com) server. I've checked
> on RBLs, and some say this IP is listed on SORBS (but SORBS
> denies it is, maybe it's been recently delisted, maybe
> it never was listed).

It is in the SORBSSPEWS-L1 and L2 lists, included in some nLayer ip ranges.

<http://spews.org/html/S2453.html>

Of course worldnet should not be using the spews blacklist to block
email as it is well known that the spews ip range blocks are too
severe and there are many innocent victims in these ip ranges.

I think the theory behind such drastic blocking is that it might
persuade the ISP (andromeda.ziaspace.com, in this case) to clean up
its act and stop distributing spam to the world.

BillK