[extropy-chat] Psychogenic Fields (was Role of MWI and Time Travel)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 00:50:49 UTC 2006

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> How does your psychogenic field create EM?

In the context of a human brain, I suppose it would do
so by coordinating the flow of ions (action
potentials) in a coherent fashion across synapses in
localized regions of the cortex.

Although I am not at all certain that it is helpful to
think of the PF as creating the EM field so much as
being isomorphic to the EM field external to the brain
and isomorphic to the current flow inside the brain.

It could very well *be* the EM field, although
specific to the brain and therefore very dynamic,
asymmetric, and non-uniform spatio-temporally unlike
most manifestations of the EM field that physicists
that physicists are likely to encounter.

> How do you build a detector for a psychogenic field
> that just measures that, and nothing else? (Neutrino
> flux won't do).

In the context of an intact human brain, I think I
would have to settle for high resolution 3-D mapping
of the localized EM field which I believe to be a
suitable surrogate since it differs trivially from the
PF external to living matter.

However for a single neuron, cell, or microorganism
one can DIRECTLY view the PF using a technique called
quantitative polarized light microscopy described
here:

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/jmic.php

with examples of pictures and videos using this
technique here:

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/lab.php

Notice the moving regions of color within the living
organisms. They are protein molecules in the cytoplasm
which are in quantum mechanical coherence. That means
that they are all perfectly aligned with one another
and are moving in perfect coordination with one
another across individual cells, across multiple
cells, and in some cases across much of the organism.

I think the PF is responsible for this coherence.

> Are these disturbances in the ether?

Not unless you think that Michelson and Morley fudged
their data.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"What I am going to tell you about is what we teach our physics students in the third or fourth year of graduate school... It is my task to convince you not to turn away because you don't understand it. You see my physics students don't understand it... That is because I don't understand it. Nobody does." - Richard Feynman on QM