[extropy-chat] Desirability of Singularity (was Are ancestor simulations immoral?)

Harry Harrison xyz at iq.org
Sat Jun 3 05:44:18 UTC 2006

No, but many seem to have a religious optimism about the singularity that defies rationality (for some reason I thought you were one of these people, forgive me). That which can dominate matter and energy thrives. Everything else is consumed or marginalised. This is one of the few things we can predict past a singularity and has good precedence in the best analogies we have todate, e.g the Cambrian explosion.