[extropy-chat] Simplifying Singularity

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Mon Jun 5 02:47:30 UTC 2006

Anna wrote
  "Singularity is a moment in time when technology will change the course of humanity forever."

  Is this better?

  "The Singularity may be a moment in time when a new technology may change the course
  of humanity forever".
  Again, still trying to to find a sentence that the average joe may understand.

  Thanks for taking your time Lee and Keith.
  Anna

Any piece of knowledge I acquire today has a value at
this moment exactly proportioned to my skill to deal with it.
Tomorrow, when I know more, I recall that piece of
knowledge and use it better.
-Mark van Doren