[extropy-chat] Health data

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Jun 17 14:04:58 UTC 2006

Rafal writes:

> A long time ago the good government decided to punish people who want
> to buy private health insurance by tax-exempting employer
> contributions to health insurance, but still taxing private purchase
> of health insurance at the usual rates.

I feel highly discriminated against! I've been purchasing my own health
insurance for more than 10 years now and every year I feel great
resentment building when I remember that a business can write off this
expense. But for me it's after-tax-dollars all the way. :(

And then they bitch about how many don't have health insurance.

Gee. I wonder why!

Plus, my insurance, the cheapest I could find anywhere here, pays for much
more than I am interested in.

Regards,
MB