[extropy-chat] Health data

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jun 18 00:26:30 UTC 2006

>> If you are referring to Health Care Savings Accounts, indeed they do
>> exist. And they are *very* specific about what kind of money is
>> involved,
>> what kind of insurance you must already possess, and what your employer
>> can and must do. I didn't fit. :(
>>

> Not quite sure what you want then - HSAs are usually a high deductible
> generally
> low cost premium type of insurance, which you say you want, and the money
> you
> put into them is portable from employer to employer and can usually be
> spent on
> most kinds of health spending tax free.

The difficulty is in the employer end of things. I'm not a regular full
time employee anywhere, I'm part time employee and part time on my own.
That knocks me out of employer healthcare. And  HSA nad HRA and all the
others, as far as I can tell. My accountant and I have been 'round on this
before.  I'm on my own, buying full cost healthcare as an individual. Boo.
 :(

Regards,
MB