[extropy-chat] Draft Paper on Boredom and Superlongevity

giorgio gaviraghi giogavir at yahoo.it
Tue Jun 20 09:44:55 UTC 2006

I believe that the opposite is true.
Superlongevity will defeat boredom, because will allow
people to have long range plans, will allow careers
change, permanent education ,possibility to explore
new subjects without the costrain of time .
Our society must understand that superlongevity will
change completely the education and work market.
Today we risk to be off the labor market if we are
over 45, in a new society age must not be a
discriminating factor as it is today, but must allow
everybody to have new opportunities independently of
age.That is the main issue and the main challenge,
forget the age barrier that today is what leads to
boredom, desperation and a terrible waste of good
knowhow and experience.
Society must overcome the age barrier and accept
willing people at any age, without any more
discriminations.
Giorgio