[extropy-chat] What Human Minds Will Eventually Do

Lee Corbin lcorbin at tsoft.com
Fri Jun 30 05:10:47 UTC 2006

Jef wrote

I probably should not have called it that; I was referring
to the "paradox" that one cannot write a story featuring
the thinking and plans of more advanced entities.

It came about when Vinge tried, in one of his earlier stories,
and Campbell rejected it for the following peculiar reason:
"You can't write this story. No one else, can, either" or
words to that effect.

It's the only anecdote connecting the two, and I thought it
to be in very wide circulation; if you were thrown off by the
word "paradox", again, my apologies.

Lee