[extropy-chat] interesting article about human lifespans in the near future

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Fri Mar 3 04:43:16 UTC 2006

It looks like these articles about the coming increases in lifespans are starting to get a bit more common. Here's a short, but interesting one at PhysOrg.com
http://www.physorg.com/news11372.html

One statement I found interesting was:

"An example of this inequality, Tuljapurkar said, is the lack of availability of AIDS antiretrovirals in Africa. Although these medications are widely available in the West, they are out of reach for many African patients, who make up more than 60 percent the world's AIDS cases. "If we can't deal with AIDS in Africa, the chance that we'll be able to deliver these anti-aging technologies to other nations is pretty slim," he said. "