[extropy-chat] META: ExI List Quality & Future

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Mar 7 23:39:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 02:54:58PM -0800, Damien Sullivan wrote:

> desired purity, but I don't know.  Maybe it was too small, or I didn't do
> enough to spark discussion.  Anyway, figured I should add the data point about
> extropian-derived salons.

Or maybe Perry Metzger's prediction of eventually staleness and outliving
utility simply came true:
http://www.mindstalk.net/polymath/polyarc/0003.html

Last paragraph seems apropos to the discussion.  Though I'm less certain that
a large list has to have a lifecycle; organizations don't have to act like
organisms.

I don't think I ever did bring in "fresh blood".

> As of my writing this e-mail, the archives are back up:
> http://ofb.net/~damien/polymath/

Hey, that's not the URL I wanted.  This is:

http://www.mindstalk.net/polymath/

-xx- Damien X-)