[extropy-chat] Hello Fellow Extropians, Just found out about this addition to diet... heard of this?

Mark Lyons mark at mark-lyons.com
Sun Mar 12 19:51:06 UTC 2006

Say, I just wanted to share this with all of you:

Since we are all into the latest good health discoveries, I accidentally
found out about this.

Before I give you the link. I'd like to let you know the current state of
medical knowledge in America and the way in which they treat the hardening
of arteries is really primitive.  Currently the use of statin drugs is
prescribed because the medical community sees a ***statistical****
correlation between hardened arteries and LDL/HDL cholesterol levels.   The
major problem is that there are a small number of people who have great
LDL/HDL levels but still have calcification (hardening) of the arteries.
The medical community simply explains this away by saying this is due to
genetic factors, but they have yet to produce any genetic assay that ties
any specific gene to this anomaly!

Here's where it gets interesting.  These folks have discovered a new form of
life that has characteristics of both bacteria and viruses, but lies
somewhere in between the two:
http://www.nanobac.com/

They believe these organisms explain the mystery of the underling cause of
calcification (Hardening) of the arteries.  Their treatment consists of
destroying the organism's calcium walls, and then killing it with
antibiotics.

Then I came across this.
http://www.webmd.com/content/article/102/106690.htm

Which claims that "Pomegranate Juice May Clear Clogged Arteries".  I'll be
reading up on this some more, but if all looks good I'll be adding this to
my daily diet, as a preventative while I undergo the aging process.  I just
wanted to share that with you.
Best regards,
-Mark