[extropy-chat] Meta Transhumanism and Axx Rxxx

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 07:43:50 UTC 2006

My offering, quick and dirty.

Social creatures -- humans among them -- live in
groups because of the survival benefit derived, and
manifest strong instinctive loyalty-to-the-group
behaviors.  In humans this is tribalism, with tribal
loyalty taking the form "My tribe right or wrong."
Social groups -- herds, packs, tribes -- need identity
markers for members.  For humans, the memes of a
belief system constitute one set of identity markers.

YMMV.

Best, Jeff Davis