[extropy-chat] Extraterrestrial Rain Debunked

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 05:34:26 UTC 2006

Last Wednesday I tried to send this to the list, but
with the server problem it never distributed back to
me. This is a remarkable example of zero research by
major media. Media source after media source including
the New Scientist simply take the extraordinary claims
of Louis & Kumar at face value without bothering to
find out what I did, which is that the Government of
India commissioned a report that found the colored
rains were contaminated by spores, not by
extraterrestrials. It would be fine to disagree with
those findings for some given reason, but it seems
clear that Louis & Kumar simply fail to inform people
of the official findings (as they fail to accurately
cite them in their paper) and media sources simply
fail to find out what I report here:

http://www.iangoddard.net/redrain.htm

~Ian