[extropy-chat] Addwaita:250 years is a long time.

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 28 15:24:05 UTC 2006

...It will be interesting to see if efforts to date Addwaita using carbon
dating will yield any useful information (I don't believe the carbon dating
can be used with much certainty for periods of hundreds of years).

Robert

The C14 concentration in a living organism is in equilibrium with the

atmosphere.  So even if we could radiocarbon date a 250 year old

tortoise that perished yesterday, we should get zero.