[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon May 1 06:24:46 UTC 2006

"Heartland" <velvet977 at hotmail.com>

> If you know anything about Computer Science this question
> couldn't be more clear.

Couldn't be more clear? I couldn't fail to disagree with you less. Mr.
Heartland sir you have so far not demonstrated the slightest hint of
knowledge of Computer Science or philosophy or even logic, perhaps you are
really a master of these subjects but if so you have kept it very well
disguised.

> So you see a single instance of "1" in "1+1"? Wow!

Wow indeed. I must add reading comprehension to your list of disabilities
because that is not what I said. I understand there are some very good adult
education classes that might help you out in that regard. And speaking of
wow, nothing could equal your astonishing jaw dropping views on anesthesia.

But let me propose another thought experiment, I make an exact copy of you
as before but after that atom by atom I start moving one of the original
high holy atoms over to the comparable spot on the lowly copy and moving one
of the evil sleazy atoms of the copy over to the glorious original. After an
hour or two all the atoms have swapped places, but neither knows it was
happening and in fact during the entire transfer both brains were
synchronized with each other. Which one is the original and which one is the
copy?  Which one is you? If some huge sea change has occurred which atom did
it? When did replacing one atom with another one that was absolutely
positively 100% identical make a huge difference? I don't believe in souls
but it's clear that you do, although you'd never use the word, so which one
has your soul? These are not rhetorical questions, I can answer every one of
them with my theory. Can you?

  John K Clark