[extropy-chat] Are vaccinations useless?

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Thu May 4 17:06:20 UTC 2006

spike wrote:
>> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
>> Somebody mentioned that unidentified parties on this list have gone
>> mau-mau on Robin's ass. Such activities are probably illegal in many
>> jurisdictions...
>
> Altho the term "mau-mau" was undefined, wikipedia says something about a
> Kenyan uprising.  I do not think this was the intended definition, but in
> any case, it sounds abusive and we do not tolerate abusive treatment of
> animals on this list, wild, domestic or farm variety.
>
>> ...and I strongly disapprove of them (except if on a
>> strictly consensual basis)...
>> Rafal
>
> I strongly disapprove of even consensual basis, assuming you meant the
> consent of the owner of the ass.  The actual beast is unable to express
> disapproval.  Actually I might need to rethink that, for an ass might
> express his dismay in the form of a powerful hoof to the midsection of the
> abuser.

I suspect it's a reference to this bit from the very funny UK show League of
Gentlemen:

Death by Mau Mau

Geoff: Ay Brian, tell Mike Mau Mau.
Brian: You what??
Geoff: You know, the one about the Mau Mau.
Brian: Ohh, I can't remeber it Geoff, you tell him.
G: No, you can. Mike, Danny Taurus told this joke at the Con Club and it's the
funniest bloddy joke, tell it Brian.
B: Me?
G: Yeah, go on.
B: Ohh alright. Umm there's these 3 fellas....
G: Yeah Englishman, Irishman and Scotchman.
B: Yeah, and they get lost in the desert...
G: Jungle.
B: Is it?
G: Yeah go on.
B: They get lost in the jungle and they get killed by these cannibals.
G: Ohh not yet, you've missed the whole bloddy joke out you idiot.
B: Well, I can't remember it Geoff, you tell it.
G: You can, just think what the end is and then go back.
B: There's an Englishman....
G: Fruit.
B: What??
G: It's the fruit.
B: Oh right.
G: He remembers it now.
B: Englishman, Irishman alright... They get captured by these cannibals and they
have to go out in the jungle and pick 10 pieces of fruit and bring 'em back. So
they come back and the Chief says "So Englishman..."
G: Do the voice.
B: Chief says "So Englishman, now you must choose between Death or Mau Mau." And
the Englishman says "We English will not bow to you savages, I'll choose Mau
Mau" So they grab him and they shove the 10 pieces of fruit up his arse!!!
G: Yeah, and what did he pick??
B: Ohh the Englishman chose cherries!!
G: Oooh imagine that Mike, 10 cherries shoved up your arse, cherries are only
really small though aren't they?? Go on Brian.
B: So the Chief turns to the Scotchman and says "Death or Mau Mau?" And the
Scotchman says "Mau Mau" and... Oh what's the Scotchman's fruit Geoff? Is is
bananas?
G: Nah, it's smaller than that.
B: Well, lets just say bananas.
G: No, it's too big, it spoils the next one.
B: Apples?
G: No.
Mike: Strawberries?
G: What??!? In the jungle? Come on just think what it is for a minute.
M: Not strawberries...
B: Kiwi?
M: Ay Brian, why are there no aspirins in the jungle?
B: Dunno.
M: Coz the parrots eat 'em all (pronounced paracetemol)
B: See, I would have said paracetemol (pronounced differently from above)
M: Well, either way I think it works you know.
G: Plums!!!!
B: What??
G: They're plums, come on.
M: Ah Geoff, it doesn't matter now.
G: Course it matters, he's right near the end. There's only the Irishman left.
Come on Brian. The Chief turns to the Irishman, he says "Death or Mau Mau"....
M: You didn't do the voice.
G: It doesn't matter. Finish it.
B: I can't remember it
G: Finish it!!!!!
B: I can't remember it Geoff.
G: Please!!
B: Geoff, I honestly can't remember.
(Geoff breaks down and starts to cry)
G: Ohh, it's just one big bloddy joke to you innit? Yeah, Geoff can't tell a
joke, geoff is a joke! Geoff isn't funny enough to be Mike's best man.
M: Geoff!!!
G: Well you all know I've got this gun don't you?? Ohh you're listening now.
Right, well, you are gonna tell this joke and we're all gonna laugh..... or else
Mike gets it!!!!
(Mike sounds scared s***less)
B: Calm down, calm down, we'll get to the end of the joke, Jesus. Errmmm The
Chief says to the Irishman "Death (stumbles a bit) death or Mau Mau" and the
Irishman looks at his fruit....
G: Pineapples!!!
B: Pineapples!! Looks at his pineapples and he says "I don't think I could stand
the Mau Mau, I'll choose death" And the Chief says to him...
(Gun clicks to mean that Geoff is serious)
M: Get it right Brian!!
B: The Chief says to the Irishman.... can't remember.
M: He says "Death by Mau Mau"
G: Ohh have you heard it??
M: Yeah.
G: It's good though innit??? Oi! 3 Bluebirds!!

(of course it's much better to watch than read)
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/