[extropy-chat] Life after Extropy.org

Morris Johnson mfj.eav at gmail.com
Sat May 6 18:46:01 UTC 2006

Over the last 4 months I have completed a HACCP Diploma course, the first of
its kind in Canada, they say.
As part of our course we took part in a Canadian Food Inspection Agency
conference.
At the end between finals and getting the diplomas I attended a conference
called Improving Human Health at which the keynot speaker was the Global
Head of Business Development for Bayer Cropscience.
As well I note the shut-down of Extropy.
>From these I have some observations:

We are now in the quiet period where the Robin Hansens's , Ray Kurzweils,
Aubrey-De-Gray's of the world and a thousand others  are moving from small
scale academia, and mom-pop businesses, and consultancies to engage the
engine of change and take ownership of the delivery process to implement the
Singularity.

Yes, some fear like with agbiotech that the dog-in-the -mangers, luddites
and such will derail a future before we can capture it and each personally
surf the wave to
an indeterminate lifespan etc.

I sense  that the "Black Projects" of the world are already well onstream
and see the singularity as a beneficial thing.
The problem is the  6.5 billlion people who are in varying stages from stone
age to energy dependant high tech sophisticated person's
 still lack the mindset required to survive in a post-human singularity
civilization.

The 6.5 billion are one huge "omics" project from which will emerge the new
species or should I say genesis of divergent life forms  suited to each of
the
niches humanity is headed for.

A borgian future is no doubt in store for some.
That is simply a networked AI and 100,000 to 1,000,000 biological nodes in
human flesh.

The post singularity, in part will depend upon that which we do not know
such as  the universal limitations of  matter and computation
which most likely are just beyond the scope of our peception as we speak.

Morris

--
LIFESPAN PHARMA Inc.
Extropian Agroforestry Ventures  Inc.
megao at sasktel.net,  arla_j at hotmail.com, mfj.eav at gmail.com
extropian.pharmer at gmail.com

Extreme Life-Extension ..."The most dangerous idea on earth"
-Leon Kass , Bioethics Advisor to George Herbert Walker Bush,
June 2005

Extropian Smoke Signals Waft Softly but Carry a big Schtick
... Morris Johnson - June 2005*