[extropy-chat] Let's try this again.

Heartland velvet977 at hotmail.com
Mon May 8 23:51:07 UTC 2006

Jeffrey:
> When I wrote "young", I was referring to this particular (new) conclusion
> which is a mere few weeks old, as far as I can tell. I doubt any philosopher
> from the past has stood before his peers and claimed with a straight face:
> "Though I appear to you to be alive, I actually died yesterday."

Jef:
"This topic is thousands of years old.  For examples, google "Ship of
Theseus"

Thanks for this great link. Yes, it appears that this *topic* or problem is
thousands years old. However, the *solution* is just few years old and some
*conclusions* based on that solution are months or weeks old.

S.