[extropy-chat] Let's try this again.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue May 9 17:56:37 UTC 2006

"Heartland" <velvet977 at hotmail.com>

> How is that an evidence of me being wrong? Because I hate something or
> think it is a tragedy?

You remember your childhood, you remember going to the dentist yesterday and
having a anesthetic, you remember waking up, you feel fine today but you
fear having a anesthetic tomorrow because you're afraid that the terrible
and tragic thing that happened to you yesterday will happen again tomorrow.
That fear is illogical.

> After Santa Clause, then God, cryonics will be the
> next thing you lose faith in.

And after that anesthesia. And what will we lose after that, flying
machines, horseless carriages, Victrolas, vaccinations?

   John K Clark